This is the official website for the art group of Tallebudgera Valley initiated by Jessica Blythe on 4 July 2016. Many interested folk were unable to attend the inaugural meeting so a ‘Talking Points’ paper written by Jessica was circulated.
Alternatively, just turn up at 3 monthly Planning meetings where ideas will be open for discussion.
Meetups plein aire (outdoors). Syndicate Road Park, Tallebudgera Valley
20 August 1pm Saturday; 21 August 10am Sunday;
Next workshop: to be advised
Next Planning Meeting: 24 September 2pm Saturday; Syndicate Road Park, Tallebudgera Valley
Agenda for 2 hour meeting:
- Response to Jessica’s Talking Points (all items up for discussion). Posted under Manifesto Tab
- Decision on meeting time, dates and places for next three months (for 2016, places will be public parks so people can just ‘turn up’ to the training)
- Decision on Naming of group. A suggestion of ‘Cougal Club’ has been received.(ideas to Jessica beforehand so they can be posted on this site)
- Decision on theme/target/projects for next 3 months
- Decision on style of organisation (incorporated or non-profit or collective or artist-run for example) and executive.
Projects under discussion
- An arts project to inspire conservation of our wilderness areas (possibly group gallery show).
- Regular meetups in a specific area in need of protection to compile evidence of what is at risk of being lost.
- A ‘Meet an Artist for Dinner’ activity.
- A gallery evening for promotion of an artist’s current work.
- A children’s ‘Day in the Park’ with specific art activities at each booth/tent/area.
- A ‘Vanishing Treasures’ poster series.
- A Site Mapping Exercise/workshop
- A clay workshop at a private studio
- Open Days where private land is opened to plein aire painting activities
- Group bush Painting treks to special sites on public land.
There are three ways to participate in decision making/planning to make these happen:
1. turn up at planning meetings – equal rights to speak
2. get in contact with Jessica via phone, email or Facebook pages
3. comment on the blog.
Phone: 07) 55338256 with answering machine Email: email@example.com